St. Stephen's Episcopal School is seeking a full time Custodian/Housekeeper to join our team!
- Clean floors, stairs (inside and outside buildings) and other surfaces
- Use light and heavy (industrial type) floor machines and attachments
- Empty trash and garbage containers
- Scrub, strip, wax and polish floors using heavy (industrial type) powered scrubber and buffers
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas; shampoo rugs periodically using heavy vacuum cleaner and rug shampooing machine
- Clean and dust furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, door/window trim and chalkboards
- Clean and service lavatories, toilet rooms and rest rooms
- Report items that need repair (doors, door checks, furniture lights, faucets, etc.)
- Wash window sills, glass in corridor doors, glass in telephone booths/rooms
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with School matching contributions
- Free meals provided in dining hall
St. Stephen’s has a longstanding commitment to being an inclusive community. For the 2019–20 school year, students of color represent 30 percent of the Upper School student population (50 percent when including international students), and 30 percent of the Middle School population.
Equal access to employment, programs and services is available to all. With respect to its employment practices, St. Stephen’s Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation or identity.