Upper School History Teacher
St. Stephen's Episcopal School, a day and boarding school of 705 students (grades 6-12), is seeking an Upper School History Teacher for a full-time position beginning August 1, 2023.
The History Department seeks candidates who want to be involved in curriculum development and love working closely with energetic students and a dedicated faculty both in and outside of the classroom. Qualified candidates will have experience teaching history or a related field.
- Teaching four sections of Upper School History and one single-term elective section;
- Serving as an advisor to a group of Upper School students;
- Contributing to two other areas of school life, including DEI, athletic or extracurricular programs;
- Attending Chapel, proctoring study halls and participating in a family-style lunch program,
- Offering after-school and, sometimes, evening and weekend conferences to accommodate our boarding school students’ schedules.
In accordance with our founding mission, St. Stephen's Episcopal School infuses diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in everything we do, from admission policies, curriculum, and professional development to our hiring practices. We seek qualified candidates who are committed to these values and ready to work in community to create a more just society. We celebrate every individual, recognizing that our unique stories, histories, and voices are essential to creating a vibrant living and learning space. As such, we strongly encourage people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and identities to apply to become members of our community.
Equal access to employment, programs, and services is available to all. With respect to its employment practices, St. Stephen’s Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation or identity.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume, a letter of interest addressing their qualifications for this role, and a letter summarizing their teaching philosophy. Candidates who have experience working with international students, taking students on service trips, coaching, sponsoring Model UN, or other extracurriculars should include that experience in their cover letter.