St. Stephen's Episcopal School, a day and boarding school of 690 students (grades 6-12), is seeking a full-time Library Assistant to work the following schedule: Monday-Thursday (12 noon-10 pm with a one-hour dinner break) and Friday (12-4 pm). The Library Assistant is a 10-month position that follows the academic school year schedule.
- Assist students and faculty with library materials and equipment;
- Supervise students in the library space in order to maintain a quiet, academic atmosphere;
- Serve as a resource for students, routinely offer general academic guidance to students, connect them to on-campus support, and be involved in their academic success;
- Help the Librarians implement projects and programming;
- Use the Library Management System software to circulate library materials and run various reports;
- Order and process library materials, make other purchases as directed;
- Provide assistance with research as needed; demonstrate best information literacy practices;
- Communicate frequently with the administrators of the school boarding program;
- Perform other library related tasks as needed.
- A college degree in Library Science or a related field is preferred;
- Previous library experience is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an attention to detail are required;
- Must have a proactive and strategic approach to problem-solving;
- Computer literacy skills are required and proficiency with G-Suite applications is preferred;
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills -- experience working with Middle and/or Upper School students is a plus.
In accordance with our founding mission, St. Stephen's Episcopal School infuses diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in everything we do, from admission policies, curriculum, and professional development to our hiring practices. We seek qualified candidates who are committed to these values and ready to work in community to create a more just society. We celebrate every individual, recognizing that our unique stories, histories, and voices are essential to creating a vibrant living and learning space. As such, we strongly encourage people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and identities to apply to become members of our community.
Equal access to employment, programs, and services is available to all. With respect to its employment practices, St. Stephen’s Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation or identity.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest addressing their qualifications for this role.