St. Stephen's Episcopal School, a day and boarding school of 705 students (grades 6-12), is seeking a full-time Automotive Mechanic/Technician.
We offer a competitive and attractive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off benefits, and free meals in the dining hall.
As an Automotive Mechanic/Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that vehicles are properly maintained and repaired in a timely and efficient manner. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical problems in vehicles;
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as changing oil and filters, replacing brake pads, and checking fluid levels;
- Inspect vehicles for damage and wear and recommend repair or replacement of parts as necessary;
- Test and maintain automotive systems, including but not limited to engines, transmissions, steering, suspension, differentials, cooling system, brakes, and air conditioning and heating systems;
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that vehicles are properly serviced and repaired;
- Keep accurate records of repairs and maintenance work performed on each vehicle;
- Maintain the vehicles inspections and registrations;
- Stay up-to-date on the latest automotive technologies and techniques
- Maintain and repair lawn care equipment.
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Completion of an automotive mechanic/technician program or related field;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an automotive technician;
- Demonstrated expertise in vehicle electrical and mechanical systems;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest automotive technologies and techniques;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with excellent communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities effectively;
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work indoors, outdoors, and in various weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Physical dexterity and ability to work in tight spaces.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
If you are a skilled Automotive Mechanic/Technician who is looking to take your career to the next level, this may be the perfect job for you. Apply today to join our team!
Equal access to employment, programs, and services is available to all. With respect to its employment practices, St. Stephen’s Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation or identity.