Senior Multimedia Manager
St. Stephen’s Episcopal School in Austin, Texas, a grades 6-12 day and boarding school of 705 students, is seeking a full-time Senior Multimedia Manager to perform a variety of tasks with a high degree of creativity and latitude.
The Senior Multimedia Manager develops and manages written, multimedia and visual content for the school’s social media channels, website and other digital platforms, ensuring content is coordinated, diversified, relevant and effective in communicating the St. Stephen’s mission and communications and marketing objectives, will work as an integral member of the Marketing and Communications (Marcomm) team and be available for occasional weekend and evening assignments.
- Conceptualize, create and distribute engaging digital content - from website stories of various lengths and styles showcasing the school’s programs, initiatives, student life, and events to social media marketing campaigns promoting the impact of education, academic curricula, athletics and any other relevant stories that convey the School’s purpose and mission - as a key member of the Marcomm team.
- Strategically manage, monitor and continue growing the school’s official social media channels, including Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and any other appropriate media platforms, keeping them current, and continually monitoring social media trends, current events, and looking for ways to enhance and expand the school’s digital reach.
- Monitor social media engagement, comments, crisis communications, and posts.
- Monitor trending news topics on social media and coordinate with the Communications Director – seeking opportunities to join the conversation or elevate the school’s academic experts in the media.
- Establish benchmarks and metrics for web, social media, digital marketing, email marketing, and digital communications efforts and recommend strategies to extend the reach of those efforts.
- Collect data, analyze, and interpret metrics on social media and other digital channels to inform strategic direction and make conclusions and future decisions about content performance.
- Create engagement and analytics reports across various platforms.
- Manage website updates by coordinating with internal departments and external constituents, and perform regular website content audits to ensure content is fresh, accurate and aligned across various media channels.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and adherence to brand voice, as well as accuracy and appropriateness of content across all channels.
- Collaborate with CMCO and the Communications Director to develop the editorial calendar.
- Coordinate with the Communications Director and other internal departments to budget for and place relevant and actionable digital ads and campaigns and track engagement and metrics.
- Produce social media videos, purchase music licensing, archive product documentation, and make recommendations for best practices.
- Create and utilize photography, video and dynamic digital storytelling to continually enhance and grow St. Stephen’s communications channels.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director, Senior Graphic Designer, freelancers, faculty and students to incorporate their work into final video productions.
- Apply closed captioning to all video productions in support of accessibility and attach relevant metadata and captions for indexing.
- Assist with the planning and development of digital communications projects, including email marketing campaigns and newsletters.
- Assist writing digital press communications, announcements, and digital news stories to be used on the website and other relevant platforms.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience:
- Managing a website's content and backend framework.
- Managing, creating, and publishing content and effective campaigns for social media channels and websites.
- Proficiency with Windows and Mac operating systems, and the Google Suite of applications.
- Experience with Adobe Create Suite, Final Cut Pro, Keynote, and familiarity with social media platforms is preferred.
- Ability to effectively use a full-range of storytelling methods, i.e., written text, videos and other visual content.
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally as a member of an experienced team, fulfill obligations to other team members, meet deadlines, and comply with the policies, procedures and goals of the organization.
- Ability to teach content providers the basic principles of content production and best practices.
In addition, a qualified candidate must be: a motivated self-starter and proven team-player with the ability to deliver a high level of interactive customer service, develop and maintain collaborative relationships, prioritize efficiently, and proactively solve problems; a creative storyteller, tech savvy and possess excellent communication skills; able to work in a deadline-driven setting, effectively cross-manage multiple projects simultaneously with a great deal of accuracy, high level of quality and keen attention to detail; and work well with students, staff, faculty, parents, and alumni at all levels within a diverse, multi-cultural, collaborative environment.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest addressing their qualifications for this role.
About St. Stephen's Episcopal School
St. Stephen's Episcopal School is a coeducational boarding and day school that was founded by the Episcopal Diocese of Texas in 1950. It is a caring, diverse community, inclusive of all faiths and grounded in the Christian tradition, which nurtures moral growth and values the potential and dignity of every human being. St. Stephen's challenges motivated students to live intelligently, creatively and humanely as contributing members of society. The school develops the whole person within a balanced program of academics, athletics and the arts. Students also participate in a wide variety of clubs and organizations, outdoor education and recreation programs, service learning activities, daily chapel services, and study abroad opportunities.
In accordance with our founding mission, St. Stephen's Episcopal School infuses diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in everything we do, from admission policies, curriculum, and professional development to our hiring practices. We seek qualified candidates who are committed to these values and ready to work in community to create a more just society. We celebrate every individual, recognizing that our unique stories, histories, and voices are essential to creating a vibrant living and learning space. As such, we strongly encourage people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and identities to apply to become members of our community.
Equal access to employment, programs, and services is available to all. With respect to its employment practices, St. Stephen's Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or sexual orientation or identity.